The costs for typical Videography projects are set out below:
- Pre-production time £50 per hour (this is normally only required for complex shoots and would cover items such as score preparation/camera plotting/attendance at pre-production meetings etc. Normal pre-shoot communications are included in the location videography fee)
- Location Videography fee: £750 per day (this includes all standard equipment up to an 8 camera rig)
- Post-production time: £50 per hour
- The above assumes that Patrick Allen – see here – will be working alone as both videographer and director. This is normally the case for soloist, chamber and choral recordings. Larger scale filmings may require additional crew and equipment.
- Photography services during the sessions are also available for promotional purposes – see here – the photography is carried out without charge although £50 is charged for equipment, and any post-production requested by the artist after the sessions (eg photo editing and mastering) is carried out at £50/hour
- Audio recording services during the sessions are also available – see here – the recording is carried out without charge although £100 is charged for equipment (up to 8 channel multitrack), and any post-production requested by the artist after the sessions (eg audio editing and mastering) is carried out at £50/hour
- The location videography daily rate includes all equipment up to an 8 high-definition camera rig and is based on a 10-hour working day (including travel and set-up/derig time)
- LED lighting rigs (primary & decorative) are available at £80 per day (supply and install)
- Camera movement rigs (drones, cranes, tracks and gimbals) are available – the cost will depend upon the specific requirements
- Travel and accommodation expenses are charged at cost. Car mileage is charged at 40p per mile. No travel or accommodation expenses are charged for locations within 40 miles of Bedford or Snape Maltings
- Payment is due 50% after the initial filming session and 50% prior to the release of the final film.
- The copyright in all media is retained by Opera Omnia Productions Ltd until full payment of all related invoices is received. At this point, the copyright reverts to the invoice-payer
- NB All of the above costs are subject to VAT at the rate applicable at the time of invoice (currently 20%)